"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise."
I give thanks to the Lord my God, my Savior and Friend!!
- Getting together with extended family
- Chores being done without any reminders!
- Balmy summer nights
- Pilates with my awesome group on Mondays!
- Putting my feet in the pool
- Lighting a new candle -- especially my Green Grass candle (thanks, Kel!)
- Faith, assurance that everything's going to be ok! I have surrendered my life to Christ and everything in my life and that I care about is in His hands!! Nothing will happen that He hasn't allowed and and that He won't use to make beauty!! :).
"God is always the Initiator of love and mercy—of the kind of strength that fills in our weaknesses, the kind of perfection that covers our flaws, and the kind of shelter that says, “I’m going to keep you and love you through all your failings.” God is the One who pursues us, who woos us to this place of grace, the shelter of His promises. . . .
Where we mess up, He mends it. Where we are weak, He is strong. Where we struggle with imperfections, He rushes in to touch us and lovingly shows us the way He sees us and calls us to be. He patiently listens to our doubts and fears and proclaims, 'With all My heart, I’m telling you that you are loved just the same on the days when you feel you’ve done a good job as on the days when you know that you have blown it. You are loved and always will be loved, and I am going to love you and forgive you to the very end.'"
The Shelter of God’s Promises”
Excerpt From: Nelson, Thomas. “Joy for the Journey: Morning and Evening.” Thomas Nelson, 2014-02-01. iBooks.