Psalm 27:1. "the Lord is the stronghold of my life"!!!!!
I thank the Lord my God for:
- Watching "So You Think You Can Dance" with Pres and Whitt
- The beautiful ladies in my garage gym last night!
- Your faithfulness!! I trust in You!!!
- My sweet boys doing homework together😊
- My wonderful girlfriends!!!😄💗
- An injury -- reminds me how dependent I am on Him!! Sets me free from the responsibility to have to do it all! I must trust Him! It's actually quite a relief!
- Whitty giving me a piggy back ride to and from the car & church 💪🏼
“If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth (Eccles. 11:3).
Why, then, do we dread the clouds which now darken our sky? True, for a while they hide the sun, but the sun is not quenched; he will be out again before long. Meanwhile those black clouds are filled with rain; and the blacker they are, the more likely they will yield plentiful showers.
How can we have rain without clouds? Our troubles have always brought us blessings, and they always will. They are the dark chariots of bright grace. These clouds will empty themselves before long, and every tender herb will be gladder for the shower. Our God may drench us with grief, but He will refresh us with mercy. Our Lord’s love letters often come to us in black-edged envelopes. His wagons rumble, but they are loaded with benefits. His rod blossoms with sweet flowers and nourishing fruits. Let us not worry about the clouds, but sing because May flowers are brought to us through the April clouds and showers.
O Lord, the clouds are the dust of Thy feet! How near Thou art in the cloudy and dark day[…]”
Excerpt From: L. B. E. Cowman. “Contemporary Classic/Streams in the Desert.” ZONDERVAN. iBooks.