“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
PHILIPPIANS 4:6–7 NLT”
Thank you, Lord, for:
- Good food, coffee and friendship!!
- Central Park
- Sound sleep!!
- NY pizza!
- Time on the plane to read
- Getting lost on the subways ;0)
- Texts and pictures from Gil, Monique, Stacie, Rendon and my dad of Pres at homecoming!
- Parade in Harlem
- View from the Empire State Building!
- Coming home to my family!! 💜
“The apostle Paul exhort[ed] us (Philippians 4:6, AMPLIFIED) to pray about everything, to pour our hearts out to the heavenly Father with “definite requests.”
My problem is that having done this, having laid my concern before the Father, I get the feeling that if I do not frequently return to it in my mind and keep “worrying” it, much as a dog would a bone, then there certainly can be no chance of solving it. . . .
God seems to point out chapter four in Philippians as a blueprint for handling crises His way:
• Rejoice in the Lord always.
• Do not fret about anything.
• Pray about everything.
• Be content with our earthly lot, whatever it is.
• Guard our thoughts; think only positive things.”
Excerpt From: Nelson, Thomas. “Joy for the Journey: Morning and Evening.” Thomas Nelson, 2014-02-01. iBooks.