Do you ever find yourself rationalizing: "I can eat this, I've been so good!" And then, again, " I've been so good lately, and I deserve a treat". Yet again, "I've been eating well, it's been stressful lately, I can eat this."
If you can relate, you're not alone! Sometimes I do this again and again until, suddenly, my clothes are a little tighter around the middle and I just feel thicker and heavier than usual.
When I'm eating healthy, exercising regularly and getting enough sleep, I love that light, healthy, strong, fast feeling! (my boys would laugh at me saying I feel fast;-))
The truth is, maintaining your weight is a lot easier than loosing weight!! But sometimes it's got to be done! ;0)
Here's what I do:
Eat less -- hello!! No brainer, right?! But the key for me is not a lot less. Just a little less at each meal. Remember, it's got to be sustainable! So I:
- Serve myself smaller portions
- Leave food on my plate. No, it's not a sin! It's more of a waste/waist;0 if you eat it and don't need it!!!
- Cut out the evening snack -- my hubby and like to have trail mix or well-buttered popcorn at night. This is an easy thing to cut out!! -- well, it's not EASY, but it's a big factor when I'm trying to drop a few pounds! I tell myself, "I'm going to bed soon, I can make it til then!!" And, I try to knit, or write or crochet to keep my hands busy and distracted. :-)
- Eat lots of veggies
- Exercise a little more.
- Cardio is a good way to burn calories
- Interval training is an even better way -- exercise with periods of high intensity and low intensity (zumba is interval training-woohoo!)
- Strength training/weight lifting is a good way to gain muscle so that you burn more calories and fat even while you're sleeping!! Woohoo!! That's good news, right!
***after lifting weights, your body continues to burn calories and fat, post workout!!!***
- Eat lots of veggies!!
- Get adequate rest
- Eat lots of veggies!!!! -- did I say that already?! It's important!
- Drink plenty of water
- Give yourself praise and acceptance for the wonderful woman you are! No matter how you feel (or look) at any given time, your worth is always assured! You are incredibly valuable to the One who created you!!
Keep in mind that your diet has got to be something that is sustainable!!! Maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is the key. It's what you do on a regular basis that matters!