Daily, we are exposed to a dangerous amount of toxins. There are pesticides in our produce, dangerous chemicals in the cans, plastic and styrofoam of our packaged products, not to mention the pollutants in the air we breathe and water we drink! Yikes!!
What to do?!
My personal favorite, not because I love doing it ;), but because it's really quite easy (once you get in the habit), and it's extremely effective is Oil Pulling!!
Here are some positive side effects of oil pulling:
- Stronger teeth, gums and jaw
- Sinus & Allergy relief
- Eczema, yeast, candida relief
- Plaque, Cavity & Gingivitis prevention
- Hormone balance
- Reduced Inflammation -- helping with joint & muscle pain
- Improved vision
- Prevention of lip, mouth, throat and skin dryness
- Possible relief for TMJ and jaw soreness
- Migraine headache relief
- Fresh breath and prevention of halitosis (bad breath)
- Kidney function support
- Solid sleep; relief from insomnia
- Help for autoimmune troubles, fatigue and blood pressure problems
You can use a variety of oils for oil pulling, olive, sunflower or coconut, but coconut is my #1 choice. Here's why:
Coconut Oil is:
- Antibacterial & Antiviral
- Antifungal & Antimicrobial
- Antiparasitic—can help eliminate tapeworms and other parasites.
- Anti-protozoa—kills protozoan infection in the gut.
I'm sure you're all dying to start practicing this daily :0)! So,..
Here's the How To:
1. Oil pull on an empty stomach (preferably first thing in the morning when bacteria in the mouth is the highest)
2. Use about one tablespoon of organic coconut oil – you may want to start with less and work your way up to more. The coconut oil is a solid (at this time of year), but it will melt in your mouth. :)
3. Swish the oil around in your mouth, pushing and pulling the oil slowly through the teeth and the entire mouth. – do not swallow.
4. Swish for 5-20 minutes -- if you can't pull for very long, feel free to spit out and start with a new batch every 5 min. or so if necessary.
5. Spit out all of the oil when you are done and rinse your mouth with warm water.
6. Brush with a natural toothpaste afterwards (optional)
If you ever have a tooth ache, infection, abscess, canker sore or cut in your mouth, I would recommend oil pulling several times a day and add a few drops or Oregano essential oil or Melaleuca essential oil. My experience is that this quickly eliminates the problem!
Let me know how this goes for you!
Happy Oil Pulling!