Essential oils are highly concentrated. They contain the same properties as the whole plant, yet in a highly concentrated dose!
It's fabulous, this lemon essential oil! It smells so fresh, just like real lemons!! (Well, it should, if it's pure essential oil, since it comes, cold pressed, directly from the lemon rind!)🍋. Inhale (or diffuse) this wonderful scent to uplift your mood.
Instead of using those artificially scented drier sheets I use a few drops of lemon EO on wool dryer balls and my laundry smells so fresh and clean!
When I teach my Zumba classes, I bring a big bottle of water with several drops of lemon and a little stevia. It's refreshing and invigorating (and yummy,😊)
Because of lemon essential oil's cleansing properties, it has a variety of uses:
- Antibacterial, Antiviral & Antibiotic -- good for respiratory infections and inflammation. For sore throats and coughs, put a few drops in warm water with a little sweetener.
- Disinfectant -- great all-purpose cleaner! Add a few drops of water in a spray bottle for your counter tops.
- Astringent -- can stop the bleeding of a cut when shaving and can even take grease stains out of clothing!
- Antiseptic -- may be effective to improve circulation
- Antihistamine -- a drop of lemon, basil and melaleuca on the bone behind the ears, helps remove toxins. For a runny nose: 2-3 drops of lemon in a shot of water. If it's allergy related, add 2 drops each of lavender and peppermint as well.
The possible uses of lemon essential oil are many! Interestingly, Lemon oil is also known to strengthen the fingernails. Apply the oil directly onto the nails.
Here are some more uses:
- Calm & Stress Relief
- Insect Repellent
- In my dryer!! I put a few drops on a couple of wool dryer balls and my laundry smells incredibly fresh!
Caution: Can be a skin irritant over time. Perform a skin test. May react to sunlight or UV rays. When using photosensitizing oil, such as lemon oil, wait six to twelve hours before exposing skin to UV rays.
- Cold and Flu
- Anxiety and Depression
- Sore Throat
- Stomach Ache
- Lymphatic Cleansing
- Intestinal Parasites
- Water Purification
- Furniture Polish
- Skin Blemishes (mix with a carrier oil such as coconut or almond and apply to the skin blemish regularly until it's improved)
Not all Lemon essential oil is pure and of high quality. Therefore, the results will vary from brand to brand. To get more info or to order the brand that I use and highly recommend, please contact me or click below to purchase:
I got my wool dryer balls here: