Melaleuca to the rescue!!
Melaleuca oil, also known as tea tree oil, is another one of my most used products. My whole family uses it! Whenever we find a bit of acne, a canker sore or a cut in the mouth (which may lead to a canker sore) we break open the Melaleuca bottle!
A friend of mine, when getting a sore throat, gargled with it several time and, voila! The sore throat dissipated!
Melaleuca is used topically as well as internally. It can be applied directly to the skin, but when using on sensitive skin, especially to the face, it may be necessary to mix with a bit of a carrier oil, such as almond, olive or sunflower oil. Add to shampoo for dandruff, or a few drops to coconut oil for oil pulling.
I use it as disinfectant for counter tops and I even keep a bottle in my car and purse as a hand sanitizer!!***
Melaleuca essential oil is a powerhouse! It is:
- Immune boosting
Here's why you would use it:
- Acne -- apply directly or with a carrier oil
- Cold, Flu, Bronchitis, Sore Throat,Tonsillitis -- gargle some water or Apple cider vinegar with a few drops of Melaleuca
- Cuts and Wounds -- apply directly
- Gum Problems, Canker sores, Cold sores, Herpes -- apply directly or use with oil pulling. I pour a drop directly on my canker sore; it helps heal it and slightly numb it.
- Yeast Infection - apply directly or with a carrier oil
- Nail infections
- Eczema, Athletes foot & Dandruff -- apply directly or add to shampoo. The very best remedy for dandruff is Apple Cider Vinegar with a few drops of Melaleuca and/or Rosemary essential oil. Massage into scalp. It's great if you can let it sit on your scalp for a bit, and then shampoo
- Chicken Pox & Shingles
- Ring Worm, Scabies
Not all Melaleuca essential oil/Tea Tree Oil is pure and of high quality. Therefore, the results will vary from brand to brand. If you have any questions, please feel free to Contact me, or click below to order the brand I use and highly recommend:
Precautions: Use with care during pregnancy.
Great Book to help understand and learn more on how to use essential oils: