Red Clover is an alterative herb. This means that it alters the way the body reacts to stress - emotional, physical or environmental - helping the body and mind to stay calm.
Red Clover has been considered one of nature's best supplements!!
Red Clover is high in:
- Vitamin C
- B vitamins
- clears lymphatic congestion
- skin issues: eczema, psoriasis, burns, blisters, dry lips, even skin cancer (effective when taken internally and used as a wash or lotion)
- lymphatic and blood cleansing
- respiratory problems (because it is gentle, it is especially good for children)
Because red clover blossoms are rich in plant hormones (phytoestrogens), they are know to be helpful in reducing uncomfortable menopausal symptoms! Yippee!! :0)
A blend of red clover, sage and mother wort is a good blend for help with hot flashes and mood swings!
- 2 parts dried chaste tree berries
- 2 parts dried dandelion leaves
- 2 parts dried red clover blossoms
- 1 part dried nettle leaves
- 1 part dried holy basil (tulsi)
- 1 part Lemon balm
- Slightly crush the chaste tree berries in a food processor or a mortar and pestle.
- Combine the herbs and place them in a 1-quart glass jar or in a tea ball.
- Pour boiling water over them to ﬁll the mug or jar.
- Steep for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drink 1 to 3 cups daily
- Start drinking this tea several days before your PMS symptoms are expected and continuing through the first day or two of menstruation.***
For help with Eczema, Psoriasis and yeast infections, the following is a powerful antifungal, antibacterial, alterative, to fight bacterial and fungal infections, alleviate itching and speed tissue repair.
Cleansing & Detox Vinegar
- burdock root,
- yellow dock root
- dandelion root
- dandelion leaves
- red clover blossoms
- calendula flowers
- mint, minced
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vodka or brandy
- Put above ingredients in a jar and let infuse for 4-6 week
- Strain and re-bottl
- Consume twice daily or as needed to see results
Along with the elimination of potential allergens, the consistent use of this vinegar, a healthy balanced diet and stress management :)) there is hope for relief!!!
Red Clover Whipped Lotion
Yields 2 to 3 cups
- 1 cup fresh red clover blossoms
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1 to 2 cups distilled water or rose water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons jojoba or sweet almond oil (optional)
Make a tiny batch of this lotion at a time, perhaps for special occasions when you want your
face to glow. It’s extremely rich and, depending on how much water you add, can be dense or
light as a cloud.
- Place the herbs and cocoa butter in a bowl.
- Without heating, use a spoon to mix the blossoms into the cocoa butter.
- Cover and store in a dark cabinet or pantry.
- Steep for two weeks.
- In the top of a double boiler, gently heat the cocoa butter just until you can strain out the blossoms.
- Discard them and pour the melted cocoa butter into a deep soup pot (this is to reduce splattering).
- Using a wire whisk or an electric hand mixer, slowly add the distilled water by the tablespoonful, whisking constantly, until you have the desired consistency.
- Add the oil if desired, and whisk together. Scrape the lotion into a small container.
This lotion lasts several weeks when refrigerated.”***
***Bellebuono, Holly. “The Essential Herbal for Natural Health" and Gladstar, Rosemary. “Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner's Guide.” Storey Publishing, 2012.
**Caution: Red clover has blood-thinning properties and should not be used by those who are
taking heart medication or who have any type of blood-thinning problem. Discontinue red clover
for 2 weeks before and after surgery.
Order Herbs here: