Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Angustifolia is most widely known for it's calming and sedative properties. However, it's benefits reach far beyond the scope of emotional support.
Lavender is absolutely great to calm stressful nerves, help bring sleep and rest to the restless and improve the peace of mind of those with anxiety. It is also antidepressant. Though it seems that anxiety and depression might be opposites, they frequently go hand in hand.
Since lavender is one of the most popular and most used essential oils, it must have some other properties as well. And sure enough it does!
- analgesic: it is an excellent pain reliever! it's wonderful on burns, blisters, boils, insect and bug bites, bee stings, cuts, diabetic sores, chicken pox,...
- antihistamine: it is effective for allergies.
- anti fungal: it is effective for dandruff, diaper rash, cradle cap, itching,...
- regenerative: it is effective for poison ivy, rashes, scars & wrinkles!! Woohoo!:)
- sedative: it is effective for anxiety, stress, insomnia, depression, pms, menopause and mood swings! Can I get another "Woohoo!" :)
- A couple of drops on wool dryer balls in my dryer and my laundry smells fabulous! Great with sheets for a restful sleep -- Thanks, Robbie! :0)
- I use it on my face daily, under my eyes and on trouble spots -- be sure to keep it out of the eye!
- I use it in my essential oil deoderant blend -- and then I smell great! ;)
- When stressed or anxious, put a dab on the temples, neck and wrists and breathe deeply
- Diffuse it in the air for aromatherapy
- Awesome for burns!! Put a dab directly on the burn and it should soothe
- Helps scars to heal and fade!
- Use fresh Lavender flowers in Thieves Vinegar
Lavender is gentle and, if using a quality, pure lavender essential oil, it may be applied topically, even on sensitive skin. However, if it is bothersome to the skin, mix it with a bit of a "carrier oil" such as almond, coconut, sunflower, olive,...
With any remedy, natural or otherwise, please be cautious and: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, please consult your physician. Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Not all Lavender essential oil is pure and of high quality, so results may vary from brand to brand. To get more info or to order the brand I use and highly recommend, contact me or click below to purchase: