One of my family's favorite meatless meals! I make a huge batch and they have it for snack all week!
- 1 can no-salt-added garbanzos beans, rinsed and drained OR see below for cooking dried beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh or dries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise & Mustard to desired taste and consistency
Coarsley chop the garbanzo beans in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl and add celery, onion and dill. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, as pictured
- In bread or toast as a sandwich
- On bread, topped with cheese and broiled in the oven as a Not-Tuna Melt
- On a bed of lettuce as a Not-Tuna Salad ;)
ENJOY!! :) Let me know if you like it.
Dried Garbanzo Beans -- I prefer to use dried beans because they're:
- "Green" -- no trash is generated in preparation
- Handy -- It's easy to keep dried beans on hand and always available
Its best to soak beans overnight and then cook in the morning. However, I'm not always that organized! SO, my Instant Pot is a life saver! (A "meal saver"!;0)).
- Put the beans in pot with warm/hot water to cover by a good several inches (they grow!😳) in the morning and let them soak until afternoon.
- Drain water
- Cover beans with fresh water
- Cook according to package instructions OR put in Instant Pot and pressure cook for 22 minutes!
Recipe from Wholefoodsmarket.com