This meatless, veggie meal is nutrient dense, protein and fiber rich!!! It's one of my new favorites! I doubled the recipe so I had leftovers for a fabulous lunch twice this week! :)
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 small sweet potatoes or yams, baked ( I steamed mine in my Instant Pot -- came out perfect!)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained (Better yet, soak dry beans over night and either slow cook or pressure cook)
- 1 cup corn
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (I used sweet onions -- I like onions, so any onion is good with me! :) -- except onion breathe! ;0)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (or 1 drop of cilantro essential oil)***
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 limes, zested and juiced (or 3 Tbs lemon juice and 2 drops of lime essential oil)***
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, add the black beans, corn, onions, and cilantro.
- Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, oil, honey, adobo*, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the black bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Slice open the baked sweet potatoes (I cubed my potato for easier eating) and stuff potatoes with the black bean and corn mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
*** Because I didn't plan ahead very well, I had no fresh cilantro or limes. BUT I do have both Cilantro & Lime Essential Oils!! :-). So, I substituted with one drop of each oil. It was fantastic!
**I cooked both the beans and sweet potatoes in my 2 Instant Pots (see below). This way I didn't have to heat up the kitchen using the oven (and the microwave is bad news! I try to avoid it!!). I also failed to soak the beans overnight, so I soaked them all day and then pressure cooked them in the early evening.
*In place of adobo sauce, I used smoked paprika to get a little of that smokey flavor. Mmmmm!
This recipe is adapted from [Karista’s Kitchen|http://karistaskitchen.com/2013/01/11/roasted-sweet-potato-and-black-bean-salad/]