I must confess: the reason I learned to make yogurt (last week's post) was simply so that I could make frozen yogurt!! ;0)
I like my treats!
Are any of you with me on this?!?!
I like my treats, but I do NOT like the price I pay for the "bad" treats. I used to eat a lot of sweets (and breads) and I paid for it: chronic yeast infections, sluggish elimination, hormone fluctuations, post-partum stuff,... It's not worth it! And if you're experiencing negative effects from your "treats," then you're really not TREATing yourself!!
A treat is something that is BOTH enjoyable and nourishing/beneficial to your body!
I like to look forward to enjoying a REAL treat later in the day.
And this is one of my favorites!
Real yogurt with live, active cultures promotes good gut health! Cool, sweet and slightly tangy, it is a REAL treat!
Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 1 2/3 cups of whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar (I use evaporated cane juice crystals -- minimal processing)
- 4 cups Homemade vanilla yogurt (or store bought, high quality organic yogurt)
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer or immersion blender, on low speed, mix milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add yogurt and vanilla.
- Turn the frozen yogurt/ice cream maker on.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl
- Let mix for about 25 minutes
This makes for a soft frozen yogurt. If you'd like it to be harder, scoop into an airtight container and store in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Makes about 7 cups
I use this frozen yogurt/ice cream maker and immersion blender: