• 2 1⁄2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
• 1⁄4 cup evaporated cane juice crystals/cane sugar (or brown sugar or honey) -- optional
• 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
• 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional) & raisins
• 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 tablespoons melted butter or sliced
In a greased 4 quart crock pot, combine sweet potatoes, sweetener, coconut, pecans, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Toss to coat. Pour butter evenly over the top.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are done. If using the Instant Pot (see below), cook on slow cook for approximately 3 hours.
Stir mixture to coat and then serve.
Yield: 6 servings
-If you want a sweeter version of this recipe, drizzle each serving with a bit of pure maple syrup.
- Vanilla is yummy in this.