- 1 Tbsp beeswax pellets
- 1 Tbspsweet almond oil
- 1 Tbspshea butter
- 1 Tbspcocoa butter
- 10 drops Viatmin E oil
- 10 drops jojoba oil
- Several drops of an essential oil -- I use wild orange, peppermint or lavender and lemon
- If you want to add color, use a sliver of lipstick (preferrably from a new tube)
- Melt everything but the essential oil -- I use the "double broiler" method. Put the ingredients in a glass jar and then the glass jar in a pot of water on the stove)
- ***melt very SLOWLY at a low temp!!! This will help prevent the lip balm from becoming graining later on!
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and add essential oil (and, if using, lipstick).
- Stir well.
- Pour into lip balm tubes, tins, or jars.
When I first decided to try making my own lip balm, it seemed like it was so costly to purchase all the ingredients!!! However, these ingredients last for years! You will recapture the value in: health benefits, ultimate cost per unit and pride in a job well-done! :-)
Homemade lip balm also makes a great gift!!