Besides my #1 beauty secret (shhhhh!), "don't look in the mirror very often or for very long...and keep the bathroom lights low☺️!" My #2 beauty secret is oil-cleansing!!
I've been using this oil cleansing method for about a year. Since I'm lazy when it comes to spending time on my appearance, rather than massaging the oil into my skin, I would just wipe it on and then wipe it off and be done with it! Oh, and, I'm embarrasses to say, I failed to cleanse my face regularly as well. :-/
Needless to say, I didn't see much of a difference with my skin. But, as my hormones are changing and I'm starting to have "hot flashes" in my FACE😝 and I'm probably in peri- menopause or something of the kind (oh, and I drool on myself at night -- how embarrassing!), I noticed that my skin wasn't looking like I remembered it used to!
I decided I would put forth a little more effort! And, alas!! My skin looks better! All I've done is take an extra minute, really, just one extra minute to massage the oil into my face!
You may be thinking, "what the heck is she talking about?! Oil?! On her face?! " Yep!
Your skin actually needs oil, that's why your skin produces it! It needs oil to function properly: to heal, protect and moisturize.
Remember, oil dissolves oil. When our natural oils have absorbed the toxins and bacteria on our face, they harden and clog our pores. But when we massage the cleansing oil into our skin, it dissolves this hardened oil, leaving our skin smooth and healthy. Yippee! :)
Besides being great for your skin, it's amazingly inexpensive and, you can tailor make it for your skin type!
- --Castor oil - Dr. McGarey, in his book, "The Oil That Heals," says, "Castor oil will leave the body in better condition than it found it." It is a fabulously healing oil, but it can be drying to the skin, so you'll only use a little bit.
- --Olive, Almond OR Sunflower seed oil
- For Oily Skin: Blend 30% Castor Oil to 70% Olive, Almond or Sunflower Seed Oil.
- For Normal Skin: Blend 20% Castor Oil to 80% Olive, Almond or Sunflower Seed Oil.
- For Dry Skin: Blend 10% Castor Oil to 90% Olive, Almond or Sunflower Seed Oil.
Now, as I wrote in a previous post, Calendula flowers are fantastic for the skin! So,...after I mix my oils, I infuse them with calendula flowers (and sometimes lavender flowers)! See Calendula Oil
- Massage a quarter-size amount of oil into your skin. Spend about a minute or two massaging it in.
- In the mean time, run the water until it's hot.
- Next, wet a wash cloth with hot water and lay it over your face. Enjoy this feeling!:). Then gently rub the oil off your face.
- Repeat with the washcloth a few times until your skin feels clean and make-up is removed -- yes, I also remove my mascara with this!
**It works great!!! It's inexpensive!!! I hope you try it!
I purchase my ingredients here: