This rich, smooth cream is a treat! It is great for everyday use, morning and night! It is healing on baby's fresh skin as well as mature, aging, rough or dry skin.
It's really not that difficult to make, a few steps are all that's needed. And, might I say, it's very rewarding when you get to enjoy the final product!
- Calendula flowers
- Grapeseed oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- Fill a glass jar 3/4 full with calendula flowers.
- Fill the jar almost to the top with equal parts grape seed and apricot kernel oil.
- Place in a warm, sunny spot, and let the herbs and oil infuse for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Strain and discard spent flowers.
- If you want to make your calendula oil extra strong, add a fresh batch of flowers to this oil and let it sit for another 3-4 weeks.
- Strain and re-bottle.
- Store in a cool, dark place -- I keep mine in the the refrigerator. **The oil will keep for up to a year.
To make the cream:
- Combine the calendula oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in a saucepan; double broiler; or a glass jar in a pan of water, over very low heat and warm until everything is melted together.
- Let cool for at least several hours or overnight, until the mixture is somewhat thick and firm.
- Scoop this mixture into a blender
- In a separate bowl, combine the aloe vera gel, distilled water, and essential oils.
- Turn the blender on high speed and slowly drizzle the water mixture into the oil, continuing to blend until all the water mixture has been absorbed by the oil. The blender should “choke” as the mixture becomes thick, white and creamy.
- Spoon your cream into small jars. Seal and store in a cool dark place. I keep my extra in the fridge. It should be good for up to a year.
Use: morning & night!
Here's what I do:
- Wash face, neck and chest with Healing and Restoring Face Cleansing Oil, see instructions here
- Dab lavender & frankincense below eyes, around nose and mouth
- Apply face cream to face neck and chest
If you'd like to try the cream before you jump in and make it yourself, you can ORDER IT HERE.
Order ingredients here: