I was in Las Vegas this weekend for my boys' basketball tournament and, boy, was it dry!! I was so happy to have my body oil!
The beauty is that it doesn't have any chemicals and, conversely, has beautiful properties to repair and soothe damaged skin! And with the lavender, you get the added benefits of calming and relaxation,....!
Here's how to make it:
- dried calendula flowers
- dried lavender flowers
- almond, olive and/or sunflower oil
- lavender essential oil
- Fill a glass jar 3/4 way full with calendula flowers
- Fill the jar the rest of the way with the oil of your choice
- Seal jar tightly, label and set in a warm sunny spot for 4-6 weeks, shaking gently every so often
- Place jar in a pot of water and gently heat on the stove for about an hour
- Strain and discard the spent flowers
- bottle and add lavender essential oil
- store in a dark cool place
Apply generously all over body! I especially like to use it after a bath or shower when I am still slightly damp.
If there's any homemade skin care product you should try making yourself, this is it!!! It's very easy and rewarding!!
This is my absolute favorite Lavender Essential Oil
Order herbs here: