I'm happy to share with you a couple of my favorite all-natural, even good-for-you, deoderant recipes!
Many of you are aware of the dangers of antiperspirants. One of the big ways our body eliminates toxins is through sweating! If we block the elimination of toxins, then we are storing those toxins in our bodies, and particularly in the lymph nodes around our arm pits. This is one cause of breast cancer, as well as other cancers.
In addition, aluminum, the ingredient used to prevent perspiration and the elimination of those nasty toxins, is known to cause Alzheimer's! Yikes!!
So here's my favorite!! It's made only of essential oils and, not only does it make me smell wonderful, hahaha!;0), it is also beneficial as a mood lifter, hormone balancer and cancer and Alzheimer's fighter (thanks to the frankincense).
Essential Oil Deoderant
- 30 drops of purify
- 20 drops frankincense
- 20 drops clary sage** (omit if pregnant)
- 20 drops lavender
- 20 drops lemon
- 20 drops patchouli
- 20 drops ylang ylang
- almond or fractionated coconut oil
- drop essential oils into 10 ml roller bottle
- fill bottle the rest of the way with almond or fractionated coconut oil
- roll in armpits
**Clary sage can have powerful hormonal effects, like stimulating contractions. Omit if pregnant
- 3 T Coconut Oil
- 3 T Baking Soda
- 2 T Shea Butter
- 2 T Arrowroot (optional)
- Essential Oils (optional)(I use lavender and patchouli)
Note: my arm pits are sensitive, and baking soda can be irritating, so I used 1 1/2 T baking soda and 1 1/2 T of powdered zinc oxide (it's soothing :-))
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until barely melted. -- for a make-shift double boiler, I use a quart size glass mason jar and place it in a small saucepan of water until melted.
- Remove from heat
- add baking soda and arrowroot powder
- Mix well
- Add essential oils and pour into a container for storage.
I get my ingredients here: