You'll need a ball and 2 sets of weights, 1 heavy and 1 light.
Work your back, abs, glutes and hamstrings! Finish with a luxurious stretch!
You'll need a mat, a foam roller (6x36) and a set of weights.
Enjoy! Let me know how it goes!
Exercising every day may seem daunting, yet there are a couple of simple exercises that are quick, simple and far worth the effort! A little work each day will result in greater gains on the days that you do a "full workout"
Here they are:
1.) Planks: front plank and side planks
- elbows under shoulders, forearm pressed into the mat
- on knees or toes
- "plank" indicates straight and flat body, braced abs, tight glutes and legs
- hold for 30-60 seconds each - as you improve, repeat or increase the time
- feet on floor, knees bent, hands behind head with head resting heavy in your hands
- inhale to prepare, exhale to lift shoulders off mat
- initiate lift from the abdominals, drawing the ribs to the hips
- with improvement, increase difficulty by taking knees over hips, lower legs parallel to floor
3.) Push-ups: great full-body exercise!
- hands wide and chest height
- on knees for beginners and work up to doing it on the toes
- inhale, bend elbows to 90 degrees, exhale, push up
- good form is the key! Do as many as you can with good form, even if it's only 1! Note where you start and give yourself praise for the improvement that, with consistency, you are sure to see! :)
4.) Back extension: you've worked the front of the body, now, to keep your body in balance, it's time to work the back of the body.
- lying on belly, forehead on the floor, arms and legs extended in a small "V", thumbs up
- inhale, lift right arm and left leg; exhale, lower. Repeat, alternating sides
- to finish, lift both arms and both legs and flutter "kick".
You can do it!! Enjoy and be grateful for the amazing body with which you've been blessed! :0)